Rich-text Reply

Changing an image when the experiment is running

lfapps 05-03-16

Changing an image when the experiment is running

I have a banner ad that is only included in the variation page. Within the banner, there's one image (logo) that I must change. I'm not sure, however, if changing the image will pause or cause any intruption in my experiment?

Thanks.

Level 1

JasonDahlin 05-03-16

Re: Changing an image when the experiment is running

@lfapps - You can modify your experiment at any time.  This will not pause your experiment or reset any of the conversion goals.

As a general consensus, you should be certain (judgement call) that the change you are making is immaterial to the experiment itself (for example, if your experiment is testing a "Product Image" vs a "Person Using the Product Image" and they give you a slightly adjusted People Image to use, you would be OK).  If the new image is drastically different, then you may want to re-set the experiment anyway.

Here is an insightful article that came across my desk today about how image choices can affect user engagement - Netflix tested *lots* of variations of whch images they serve up for their shows and reported some interesting results:

http://www.fastcompany.com/3059450/netflix-knows-which-pictures-youll-click-on-and-why

--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy
Experimentation Hero
robertchan 05-04-16

Re: Changing an image when the experiment is running

It won't interrupt nor pause your experiment, but you should keep in mind for future changes that visitors to your experiment get bucketed into whatever they were pooled in first.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero