Rich-text Reply

Click goal tracking not working for my redirect variation!

anto 10-11-16

Click goal tracking not working for my redirect variation!

I have setup a redirect for my 2nd variation and I have created a click goal tracking on a button of my site. However I cannot see any results coming in for my goal! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?
Level 1

JasonDahlin 10-11-16

Re: Click goal tracking not working for my redirect variation!

Double check that you associated this goal with the experiment.

if the goal is associated with the experiment, can you post a screen shot of your Click Goal's setup (we need to see the element selector) and the URL of the page users are redirected to (and a description of which element you intend for the goal to be associated with)?
--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy
Experimentation Hero
kyoung76 10-12-16

We actually have this same problem! I have submitted a ticket about it and have not heard back...
Level 1
aweitsman 10-13-16

Does the button only exist on the new page that you're redirecting to? It can be hard for Optimizely to compare results when the elements are not in the same location or on the same page, as it's not a direct comparison.

The way that we've worked around this is to change the goal to page visits, with the destination page from the click as the tested element. In this way, we can track people who hit that location (usually we add specific tracking codes to the links to ensure consistency through the funnel) from either page location to determine success.