Rich-text Reply

Confirmation Page - Different Domain

pinnacle 11-20-15

Confirmation Page - Different Domain

My landing page goes through a funnel and ends with a Confirmation page on a different domain. I have full control of this Confirmation page.

I've set up a Goal for that Confirmation page, but how would Optimizely track where a conversion is coming from? Is there a specific script I have to add on that Confirmation page from my experiment?

Example:

(domain 1) Landing Page > Order form > (domain 2) Confirmation page

Can anyone help me solve this? I've got 2 conversions from my traffic source, but not sure which landing page out of my variation converted.

Thank you

Level 2

JDahlinANF 11-20-15

Re: Confirmation Page - Different Domain

Check your results panel.

If you are splitting traffic between two landing pages, when looking at your experiment results, the conversion will be associated with the variation through which the user travelled.

pinnacle 11-20-15

The results panel shows 0.

Should the confirmation page be assigned a specific script? The confirmation page is not even on the same domain, but hosted on a different domain.

Does that make sense?

Level 2
robertchan 11-20-15

Have you tried integrating one or both of the pages with Google Analytics? You can then check what converted using one of the metrics in GA.
Robert Chan

pinnacle 11-20-15

I did this, but not exactly sure the stats are way off.

This is complicated because our checkout is placed on a different domain and not the same domain as the landing page.

So is there no other way to get this metric inside Optimizely?
Level 2
JDahlinANF 11-20-15

But, you said "I've got 2 conversions from my traffic source".

Did you mean you had two people click through to the landing page?

Anyway...

If you want your confirmation page to show up as a goal in Optimizely, you need to include the same Optimizely snippet on the Confirmation Page as you used on your Landing Page.  The goal would be set to "Viewed the Confirmation Page".  It does not matter that they are on different domains.

pinnacle 11-20-15

I just got with my web developer. Looks to be fixed now. I was using Exact Match for the Confirmation Goal URL, he said I should be using Simple Match.

Thanks for your help guys.
Level 2
jpfotoz 11-23-15

Is your tracking script on both domains? If so, then your tracking should work.
My new favorite site: baconipsum.com - because everyone need some bacon in their text!
Level 6