Rich-text Reply

Conversion tracking without redirection to thank you page

ReneW 07-16-15

Conversion tracking without redirection to thank you page

Hello guys,

I want to make an A/B Test. I want to track Lead signups. My problem is that I have a wordpress form plugin that doesnt offer the possibility to redirect the user to a thank you page.

Up until now I am testing with a "click goal". But unfortunetly the "click goal" is not accurate. The amount of new Leads and the amount of total clicks on the "click goal" are not the same. (Probably more people click the button without filling in their information).

Which option do I have to track lead signups accuratly without redirecting to a new page? 

Thank you!!!!

Rene

Level 1

JDahlinANF 07-16-15

Re: Conversion tracking without redirection to thank you page

Do you have the ability to add a trigger when the form passes validation?
If so, you can set up a goal that listens for a trigger rather than listening for a click.

e.g., before your validation routine returns true, have it:
$(window).trigger('formNameSubmit')

Another idea would be to add a URL parameter to the thank-you page (e.g., use javascript to change the form's submit location to include a parameter like '&optimizely_XXX=true' and you can create a goal based on the thank you page with that parameter in the URL.

Re: Conversion tracking without redirection to thank you page

Hello!

A lot of forms have an event that is registered when the form submission is complete. We would need to look at the code to find this. Then you can setup a custom event based goal for this by adding a snippet of code to your site on this page. You can find details here:

https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039925-Custom-event-goals

Would you be willing to share the page that this form lives on? I or someone else can help I'm sure!

-----

Daniel

Digital Marketing Manager - mindbodygreen
Optiverse User Group Leader - NYC