Rich-text Reply

Could I limit the numbers of visitors or the experiment time in one testing?

Cyis 06-01-16

Could I limit the numbers of visitors or the experiment time in one testing?

Do I need to pay for thoes features? thx

Level 1

robertchan 06-01-16

Re: Could I limit the numbers of visitors or the experiment time in one testing?

Yes, you can limit the number of visitors in a test without a premium subscription, simply adjust your traffic allocation on the experiment.

Robert Chan

Cyis 06-02-16

Re: Could I limit the numbers of visitors or the experiment time in one testing?

Thx for the fast reply Robert.

I only see the percent changing in traffic allocation, still dont know how to limits certain number of visitors into the experiment. I mean how to set like only 1000 visitors will take the ab experiment, as soon as we have that amount data, the experiment stop automatically.
Level 1
CouchPsycho 06-02-16

As far as i know, this is not possible. You will have to supervise your experiment.

But does this limitation make sense? do you expect to have a qualified result after a certain amount of users?

A workaround might be to use historical data to estimate the time necessary to have about 1k users of the testing page and use scheduling to deactivate the experiment at the expected date/time.

"the essence of the creative act is to see the familiar as strange." (anonymous)
robertchan 06-02-16

Agreed with @CouchPsycho - you'll want to use legacy data and supervise your experiments accordingly. By asking for exactly 100 visitors, you're essentially making an assumption that you'll hit statistical significance by then which may not be the case.
Robert Chan