Rich-text Reply

Create test within a one-page accordion style checkout process

rickdambrosio 12-04-15

Create test within a one-page accordion style checkout process

Hello there! New to the board. I want to create a test that highlights a reduced rate in our costs of shipping. However, we have a one-page accordion style checkout where shipping rates are step 3. 

How do I load the proper step in Optimizly to edit and test? The URL for the entire checkout remains the same through each step of the checkout:

https://www.snakeriverfarms.com/checkout/onepage/index/

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Amanda 12-04-15

Re: Create test within a one-page accordion style checkout process

Hi @rickdambrosio - Welcome to the Optiverse community! 

I'm taking a look at your checkout flow (and getting really hungry shopping your products).

Based on your description, I tested adding your checkout page to the editor. Because it's all the same URL, it can be tricky to edit the correct portion of the flow. Fortunately, the way your page was built makes this easy. 

Here's how:

1) Visit your website, add a product to cart

2) Continue through the flow until you get to the page you want to edit

3) Load this URL into the Optimizely editor in a new tab

4) Next to the options setting, you'll see an option to toggle between "editing mode" and "interactive mode"

5) Use interactive mode and fill out the forms to get to the step you want to edit

6) Toggle back to editing mode and make the needed updates

Check out these articles for extra help:

Let me know if this does the trick for you! 

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 10.38.26 AM.png

Optimizely

Hahaha. I know, right? I think I figured it out. The test is running ID: 4045987644. But I cleared my cookies and did not see it on the live site. Can you confirm that it's running?

I set it up so 100% of the traffic would see variation 1. But I can't see the edits I made. Can you?

Thanks!

If I select the experiment and view in 'edit' mode, I see the test properly. However I don't see the test if I select the experiment and view in 'interactive' mode. The test should be shown to all visitors as the screenshot shows below.

accordion2.JPG