Rich-text Reply

Cross Browser testing

shirley 06-06-14

Cross Browser testing

This option is deactivated (greyed out) in my dropdown menu. Is it only available with certain packages purchased?

Level 2

Amanda 06-09-14

Re: Cross Browser testing

Hey Shirley - The only subscription where Cross Browser Testing is not available is the bronze package. Otherwise, this should be available. https://www.optimizely.com/pricing.

However, there is a recent product update that gives you additional options for the project settings of the snippet. This update gives you increased control over what's included in the snippet. One of settings was turned on by default to prevent third parties from linking to your variation without your knowledge. The downside to this is that you will not be able to use the cross browser testing functionality or be able to "force a variation" to display using query string parameters.

If you want to enable this setting again to use Cross Browser testing, simple click "Project Settigs" from your dashboard, "Project Code Settings", and uncheck the box under "Force Variations". See the attached screenshot for reference. If you want, you can always enable this feature during QA and then disable it again once you have set your experiment live. 

You can find more details on the recent change in our Knowledge Base article here and in our blog post here.

Let me know if you have any questions on this, or if there is anything else that I can help you with. 

Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 8.30.59 PM.png
Optimizely
shirley 06-09-14

Thanks, unchecking the force variations box did the trick!
Level 2
Amanda 06-09-14

Glad to hear it worked! Have a wonderful rest of your week.
Optimizely
AdamA 07-14-14

I wanted to add to this thread for anyone who is using Cross-Browser Testing in the future: you will no longer need to enable this feature from "Project Code Settings" -- it will be enabled regardless of the settings you choose for the "force variation" feature.
Optimizely