Rich-text Reply

Custom Dimensions in Optimizely X

flats 10-19-16

Custom Dimensions in Optimizely X

I don't see any way to create or edit custom dimensions in Optimizely X. Am I missing something? Are dimensions being replaced by something else in X, or has dimension creation/editing simply not yet been added to X?

Level 2

DanielQ 10-20-16

Re: Custom Dimensions in Optimizely X

Hello,

We haven't yet added the ability to create or edit custom dimensions in Optimizely X. However, Audiences created in Optimizely Classic are shared with Optimizely X (and vice-versa). For the time being, you can create custom dimensions and custom dimension-using Audiences in Optimizely Classic, and then you'll be able to use them in Optimizely X.

Hope that helps!

Daniel
Daniel Quick, Optimizely
Optimizely
flats 10-20-16

Daniel,

It does - thanks! Definitely no problem to just create these in Classic. Looking forward to this and other features (like Mixpanel integration) making their way to Optimizely X.

Thanks again,

D

Level 2
ralphandrew 10-21-16

Hello Daniel,

I'm having the same issue in Optimizely X: I don't see Custom Dimensions for segmenting test results. Through a previous support ticket, I was told that I need to still load Optimizely Classic on the pages, which really adds to the page weight and is a no-go for us...

I have tried using the new "user" method (https://developers.optimizely.com/x/solutions/javascript/reference/index.html#users), but when I run this I don't see *anything* being sent to Optimizely. For example:

window.optimizely.push({ type: "user", attributes: { "user_type": "Guest" } });

How can I send Custom Dimensions in Optimizely X after a test has activated? I need to do this from within the variation code in some cases.

alzamez 12-13-16

Similar to this question - I am unable to fliter results using audiences within Optimizely X- is this not released yet either?

Level 1
DanielQ 12-14-16

As of 12/13/16, you should have the ability to create custom attributes in Optimizely X, which can be used to describe key characteristics of your visitors. They're a powerful way to create new audiences and segment your results. You can read all about this feature here

Daniel Quick, Optimizely
Optimizely