Rich-text Reply

Custom dimension now showing more range options?

hemang 11-10-15

Custom dimension now showing more range options?

Hi 

I have created custom dimension in optimizely. While adding it in one audience condition, I am seeing only Visitor "has/have not" options only. can I get more options like "is Betweeb", "Is equal to", "fixed set of dropdown" etc. If so, How I can do it?

If  I add custom dimesion using PHP RESt API , in this case  I can have those option too?

Thanks

Hemang

Level 2

JDahlinANF 11-10-15

Re: Custom dimension now showing more range options?

@hemang -

"has" is where you can enter the value(s) you are looking for ("is equal to" and "is one of the following")

If you want an exact match, you would list only one row under "Visitor has any of these values"

If you want to match a list of possble values, click the [+] and add a new line for each value you want to match.

"between" would be a nice addition for cases where you are storing strictly numbers or dates.

hemang 11-16-15

Hi 

@nap0leon

Thanks for your replay. But my question is that I am not seeing options like "is equal to" , "between" for my created custom dimensions. These options are available in default dimensions. 

Also, let me know if I create some custom dimensions using PHP REST API then how I can do it. I mean which extra parameters needed to pass while creating dimensions using PHP REST API 

Thanks 

Hemang

Level 2
JDahlinANF 11-16-15

@hemang

For "is equal to", you would select "has one of these values" and enter only one value.

For "is one of the following" you would select "has one of the these values" and enter multiple rows, one for each value.

For "between" you could use "is one of the following" with a list of the appropriate values... Though, dependning on the granularity of your data, this could be anywhere from "a pain but manageable" to "literally impossible".

But, yes, "Between" is only available on a few of the Custom Dimensions.  I expect this is because they (Optimizely) do not know what data type each dimension you are creating is.  For example, determining "between" against a Date is different than how you would do it with a Number which is different from how you would do it for a String (in ASCII, "Z" is less than "a" - and sometimes "19" is less than "2").

Should ask them to add some supported data types to the Custom Dimensions setup so we'll have more flexibility in how we use them in the audience manager. (Create a post in "Product Ideas" with the data types, format examples, and selectors you'd like to use.)