Rich-text Reply

Data not flowing into Adobe Analytics (eVars)

ManvikaK 01-28-19

Data not flowing into Adobe Analytics (eVars)

[ Edited ]

I am trying to use eVar to check/track user behavior on my website, therefore I integrated Optimizely with Adobe Analytics. I ran four different tests with evarx1, evarx2, evarx3 and evar4 associated respectively. Somehow, I am getting the evar data tracked properly in analytics for evar3 only, but not for others. 

I checked below to troubleshoot this :

# test setup is identical for all the 4 tests

# evar setup is identical for these evars in adobe analytcis

# I cannot see any tracking of evar3 on website using Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger 

# There is proper implementation on website for AA and Optimizely using Tealium (checked Network Calls)

# Verified the setup as mentioned in article :https://help.optimizely.com/Integrate_Other_Platforms/Integrate_Optimizely_X_with_Adobe_Analytics

It would be great if someone can help me to get evar flow in AA.

Level 2

JasonDahlin 01-28-19

Re: Data not flowing into Adobe Analytics (eVars)

[ Edited ]

Did you use the standard "Adobe Analytics" integration? That one's busted, you'll need to add a Custom Integration...

https://github.com/optimizely/addons-library/tree/master/Integrations/Analytics/Adobe%20Analytics/eV...

For our integration, I modified integration.js with two changes:

Line 25: added code that adds the eVar or prop to s.tl() calls:

sVariable.linkTrackVars = (sVariable.linkTrackVars ? sVariable.linkTrackVars += ',' : '') + Object.keys(this.campaignDecisions);

Line 42 - modified the value passed into Site Catalyst to remove the API numbers (we only want the names):

try {
    decisionString = decisionString.split(':')[0].split('(')[0] + ':' + decisionString.split(':')[1].split('(')[0];
  } catch(e) { }

In the config.json, I removed all of the eVars and props that are not allocated for testing (we have 8 eVars and props that all of our experiments will use, so there is no need for the other 142 items to be listed in those drop-downs). I also added a "blank" item to the top of each "choices" list so that we wouldn't accidentally set experiments to whatever variable happens to be listed first (and prevent it from having to be tracked in both an eVar and a prop!). Our eVar section looks like this:

{
      "default_value": "",
      "field_type": "dropdown",
      "name": "eVar",
      "label": "Conversion Variable",
      "options": {
        "choices": [
          {
            "value": "",
            "label": "None"
          },
          {
            "value": "eVar7",
            "label": "eVar7"
          },
          {
            "value": "eVar8",
            "label": "eVar8"
          },
          {
            "value": "eVar9",
            "label": "eVar9"
          },
          {
            "value": "eVar17",
            "label": "eVar17"
          },
          {
            "value": "eVar74",
            "label": "eVar74"
          }
        ]
      }
    },

--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy

Experimentation Hero
ManvikaK 01-29-19

Re: Data not flowing into Adobe Analytics (eVars)

@Jason Thanks for your help!
Yes, we are using standard integration as if now. I will ask my team for Custom Integration of AA and Optimizely.
Level 2