Rich-text Reply

Deleting a Custom Dimension Value

kmaughan 09-14-16

Deleting a Custom Dimension Value

I am looking for an example for deleting a Custom Dimension value.  The documentation says "To delete an existing value, remove the value argument or supply null."  However, if  the value argument is removed or null, then how is the specific value to be removed referenced?  For example, for Custom Dimension 'favorite_food', I'd like to remove the value 'hamburgers'.   According to the documentation, the call would be window['optimizely'].push(['setDimensionValue', 'favorite_food', null]) -- I don't want to delete the entire dimension...just the value 'hamburgers'.  Thanks in advance!  

kmaughan
Level 2

MartijnSch 09-15-16

Re: Deleting a Custom Dimension Value

Hi,

Would you be able to set up a variable that you can check to make sure that the variables is not hamburgers and if it isn't send the information to Optimizely through the JS call you're already making? This should make it easier for you to handle your own data flow to Optimizely.
kmaughan 09-16-16

Thank you and yes... but that would only prevent an incorrect value from being added.  What I'm looking to do is remove values that were added previously by mistake.

kmaughan
Level 2
inigam 09-17-16

I think you need to approach Optimizely support for this.

Regards,
IN

Level 6