Rich-text Reply

Details view in New Results reporting

ericw 06-23-14

Details view in New Results reporting

[ Edited ]

It looks like the ability to have the detailed view of each goal displayed by default has recently been removed from the new reporting interface.  Personally, I prefer to see all of the details of my goals so it is a pain to click Expand on each section.  Please consider adding this view back in or making the details displayed by default.

In general I find the new reporting UI counterintuitive, but I'm reserving final judgment until I am familiar with it.

Level 2

CROmetrics 06-24-14

Re: Details view in New Results reporting

Yeah, I'm trying to determine if I just am used to the old one and am resisting change or if the new one is worse. I really don't like that I can't easily preview variations from the results page, that's a sorely missed feature.
adzeds 06-24-14

@ericw Totally agree. I always defaulted to that view and now it has gone! It made the most sense to be the default layout as the one they use as default does not provide any value whatsoever and means you always have to perform a number of clicks to get at your data.

David Shaw
Level 11
Amanda 06-24-14

These are all great points of feedback. For issues with the page, please send us an email to support@optimizely and we’d be happy to help. To submit general concerns and feedback, we also encourage you to visit the results page for one of your experiments and click the “Feedback” link on the lower right hand corner of your browser window. We look forward to hearing from you.

@CROmetrics - you actually can still preview from the results page. Click "preview" in the top right nav and then select the variation you wish to see. I attached a screenshot here for reference. 

image.png

@ericw  and @adzeds - you can view the expanded version of *all* goals at once by clicking the "Expand All" button in the top right. We do like the idea of being able to save a default view (for example if you expand all) so that the experiment results will open in the same view the next time around. This is not available now, but something we are looking into. Would this be something that would be helpful/interesting to you?

Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 10.36.42 AM.png

Let me know if there are any additional questions!

Optimizely
ericw 06-24-14

Thank you for pointing out the Expand All button - I must have somehow missed that before - it does simplify the process.  It would be nice to be able to change the default to Detailed view.

Level 2
Amanda 06-25-14

Thanks for the information.  I've passed this feedback along to our product team that was working on the new results page. Let me know if I can help in any other way. 

Optimizely
adzeds 06-25-14

I have been using the 'Expand All' button but I still find that pretty annoying having to keep clicking it.

Would be good if it could save the defaults.

David Shaw
Level 11
Amanda 07-15-14

@ericw , @adzeds  and @CROmetrics - Good news! Thanks to you all, we just pushed a change that should help alleviate some of the concerns discussed in this thread. 

When you visit the results page and select a different view from the right panel or when you expand the goal/variation modules, we are saving this information. This means that the next time you come back to the results page, you'll see the same view as before and won't need to make repetitive clicks. 

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any feedback on this.

Optimizely
ericw 07-21-14

Thanks, Amanda! This definitely solves my need to have the expanded view be my default setting when viewing results.

Level 2