Rich-text Reply

Does Optimizely work with a Wix.com website?

edm 11-19-14

[ Edited ]

edm
Level 1

Joel_Balmer 11-19-14

Re: Does Optimizely work with a Wix.com website?

Hi there,

Yes it certainly does!

But do make sure to implement the Optimizely snippet on your page - this allows you run tests, track goals and even helps Optimizely load your page into the editor. For this you'll need to edit the page's html.

Remember to place this as high as possible in the head tag of your page (this will prevent unwanted flashing)!
bw 11-19-14

[ Edited ]

edm,

Joel is correct in that Optimizely will work on any site that you can place an external javascript file. Wix presents a unique scenerio where any HTML added through their HTML plugin gets placed inside of an iframe, affecting the snippet's ability to modify the contents of the parent frame (page). Unfortunately, this means Optimizely won't work with Wix at this time. 

http://www.wix.com/support/html5/editor/media/faq/does-wix-support-the-javascript-language

Feel free to reach out to Joel or I for additional details.

Bryce

bw
Optimizely
edm 11-20-14

Bryce,

I appreciate your detailed explanation which is actually what I thought was happening with Wix but not totally sure.

The primary problem we have with Wix is that it loads our website, and I suspect millions of others, super slow. We need to find a replacement that allows the simplicity of the gui to create pages and make changes but that also loads fast. 

Squarespace is another option in this regard but I don't know if they load fast. From what I've seen on their website explanations though, they do allow javascript to be added and work properly with their technology.

Any comments on this and suggestions for other alternatives? I believe in testing and would like to try Optimizely but we have to find a platform that would meet all of our requirements first.

Thank you,
Ed

edm
Level 1