Rich-text Reply

Dropdown menu changes show in editor but not preview or pushing live

tppritchard 04-15-15

Dropdown menu changes show in editor but not preview or pushing live

I am trying to add to a list within a drop down that is opened upon click. I used the interactive mode to view the dropdown, then switched to editing mode to edit the simple ordered list HTML to add a few more links. I can view the changes in the editor but not in preview or even having pushed live. 

I've tried using a private window and still can't get the preview list to show as in the editor.

Re: Dropdown menu changes show in editor but not preview or pushing live

Hey there!

It sounds like this might be a timing issue. When you open the page in a browser, can you search for the selector that highlights the dropdown menu? Is it available upon page load?

If not, we might need to explore setting an interval or ajaxComplete() function, both of which will wait for the element to be available before executing the variation code.

Could you direct me to the URL where the experiment is running? Also screenshots would be helpful for looking into this. Which dropdown menu are you making changes to?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Best,
Amy
Amy Herbertson
Customer Success
tppritchard 04-16-15

Re: Dropdown menu changes show in editor but not preview or pushing live

Hi Amy,

I set an interval and see the changes reflected in preview, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Best,

Tom