Rich-text Reply

Edit second page at A/B Experiment

Mr-BS 06-08-16

Edit second page at A/B Experiment

[ Edited ]

Hey,
I have an A/B test with 2 Variations (e.g. on www.mydomain.de/register). Users who are bucket in these variations should see at another side (e.g. www.mydomain/specialpreregister) with an other variation.

Is it possible to edit the additional www.mydomain/specialpreregister side from Variation 1 and 2 Editor?

First I thought about adding custom code in the "Variation Code Box" an add the additional side to the url-targeting. But in this case I have to do edit the additional side more blind, without the visual editor.

Level 2

CouchPsycho 06-09-16

Re: Edit second page at A/B Experiment

Hi,

you are talking about a mulit-page experiment, aren't you:

https://help.optimizely.com/Build_Experiments/Multi-page_funnel_experiments

Kind regards

Michael

"the essence of the creative act is to see the familiar as strange." (anonymous)
Mr-BS 06-09-16

Thats what I thought first too, but this additional page only apperas at the Variation not at the original, so I have an uneven number of pages.

Optimizely documentation tells to avoid this:

https://help.optimizely.com/Build_Experiments/Experiment_Types%3A_AB%2C_Multivariate%2C_and_Multi-pa...

Level 2
CouchPsycho 06-09-16

And this special page can be reached via ? I am not quite sure, if i understood it correctly. Let's say you have two lines of Action for each bucket like this:

1: A->B->C
2:A*->B*->x*->C*

with A,B,C,x being pages?

Correct?

"the essence of the creative act is to see the familiar as strange." (anonymous)
Mr-BS 06-09-16

[ Edited ]

Yes, right.

But if "x" didn´t exists I can use an A/B test, so thats the point why I ask to include "x" in an A/B scenario.

Level 2
CouchPsycho 06-09-16

And it is impossible to create X via your CMS or something else and modify the links in B depending on the variation the user is in? This seems to be the "easiest" way. Otherwise you will run into trouble by generating a non-existing page by a test, if this page is reachable on other pathes in your website.