Editor greyed out for variations
We have an A/B test where the user is being redirected to a different URL for the variation. We're able to edit and set goals for the original but the editor for Variation #1 is greyed out and we're unable to set goals. We've already included the scripts in the head.
How do we remove the grey out and set goals?
Solved! Go to Solution.
@simonupnest - at this point I'm not sure you can add goals to your redirect variant via WYSIWYG (it's been a long time since I've run a redirect experiment). However, that shouldn't stop you setting up the goals via the "Create Goals" Icon (see the image below) on the setup screen:
There's a section on this here in support: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040675
- Click the 'Create Goals' flag Icon at the top right-hand side of your open experiment (It's beside the big green "start experiment" button.
- A lightbox will open. Give the goal a name and select the 'type' of goal (presumably yours is a click goal).
- Then edit the "URL used for preview below" box and add the redirect URL.
- Allow that URL to load
- Click on "Expand" and you should be able to highlight and apply your tracking as you would through the WYSIWYG.
- In fairness, the support section is much clearer, but that should get you started
Does that help at all?