Rich-text Reply

Editor not accepting changes

ergin 07-07-16

Editor not accepting changes

Hey Guys,

I’ve set up a new experiement called (Watchlist OFAC Screening - Free search) but am having an issue with the Optimizely editor. I’m trying to remove some texts but some reason the texts still appears on the preview mode.

In the attached file you will see the correct version (which it should look like) and the preview mode.

A/B test link: https://complyadvantage.com/watchlist-ofac-list-screening

I've put the traffic allocation %100 to original page now, because I don't wanna send anyone to variation #1

My question is that do I need to create a new test or is there any quick solution?

Please see the attached file.

Thanks

Ergin

Level 2

Mario 07-08-16

Re: Editor not accepting changes

Hi Ergin,

It seems that something migth be wrong with your variation code . I'd suggest to check every line of code to figure out which particular change is causing this issue. In order to do so, I'd recommend to comment out either single lines of code with

//

or wrap several lines with

/*  */

However, since the features of the visual editor are limited, it might be useful to manually adjust your code via jQuery.  

Pausing variations (0% Traffic Allocation) only prevent new visitors from seeing the variation. Visitors who have already been bucketed into the variation will continue seeing it, even if it's paused. Instead, I'd recommend to pause the entire experiment, fix the issue, duplicate the existing experiment and continue testing with the new experiment. However, sometimes it might be easier to start from the scratch with an entirely new experiment, instead of checking hundred lines of code.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Mario

Technical Support Engineer
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely
ergin 07-08-16

Hi Mario,

Wouldn't be better if I create the experiment from scratch? 

Thanks

Ergin

Level 2
Mario 07-08-16

Hi Ergin,

Sure, what ever is more convenient for you and takes less time/effort.

Best,
Martio
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely
Zsolt 07-09-16

You might want to double-check if the element selected for overwrite is the correct one. You can do that easily by checking in the code editor at the bottom of the experiment editor.
Level 5
ergin 07-12-16

Hi Mario,

I have tried to create the experiment from scratch but I'm having the same problem again and same texts appear again. Please see the attached file.

Is there any other easy way to fix this problem? 

Thanks

Ergin

editor doesnt accept the changes.png
Level 2
ergin 07-12-16

Hi Zsolt,

Thanks for your reply. Any chance you can be more descriptive regarding the overwrite section?

Thanks

Ergin

Level 2
Mario 07-12-16

Hi there,

I assume you are talking about the blue-green headline? Does selecting and removing the text via the visual editor not work?
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely
ergin 07-12-16

Hi Mario,

I have finally figured out but I had to create everyhting from scratch and when I remove element, I've used remove completely instead of make it visible. 

Thanks

Ergin

Level 2