Rich-text Reply

Editor not loading the page even though snippet is correctly implemented

Iogasawa 08-15-16

Editor not loading the page even though snippet is correctly implemented

[ Edited ]

Hey there. I've correctly implemented the Optimizely snippet and set the URL targeting to my homepage set as simple match since I'd like to set up a homepage AB test. I've set up the optimizely snippet successfully numerous times before, but I'm not sure what's wrong this time. The error I get in the Diagnostic report is "Your experiment's url settings don't match", but all of the url targeting options have the same url and all are simple match.

I've tried using each different match type but that didn't work as well. I've clicked the shield in the address bar and clicked 'load unsafe scripts', but that seems to break the page and won't load anything at all, just a blank white page. I've also tried adding the snippet at different points throughout the <head> tag. When I type 'optimizely' in the javascript console I get: Object {data: Object, iapi: Object}. Any ideas about what's wrong?

The website I'm working on is:

*Redacted*

And all of the targeting options are the above url. Thanks!

Level 2

DavidS 08-16-16

Re: Editor not loading the page even though snippet is correctly implemented

Hi Logasaw,

Thanks for reaching out to Optimizely!

Could you try loading the Visual Editor in Mozilla Firefox with mixed content enabled? 

I have checked your website and the Optimizely snippet seems correctly implemented. You can use this page as a reference for a step-by-step tutorial. 

The error you are getting in the Diagnostic Report is likely due to the fact that in the Options menu the Editor URL and the URL targeting do not match. If you change these URLs this should fix your error. 

Feel more than free to reply back with any additional questions at all.

Best,
David

Optimizely
Iogasawa 08-16-16

Hi DavidS,

I've attached some screenshots of the editor and url settings. They're both the same which is confusing me that I keep getting the same error in the diagnostic report. 

The page still crashes when I load it in Firefox and when I enable mixed content. I've also attached another screenshot of the error I get in Firefox. When the page crashes Firefox sends a warning that says there's an unresponsive script. I'm pretty sure this is what's making my Chrome page crash as well, but in Chrome I didn't get a warning, just the page crashes and I have to exit out to do anything.

Have you seen this unresponsive script problem before? Thanks for your help!

Editor Settings URL.png
Unresponsive Script.png
URL Targeting Settings.png
Level 2
robertchan 08-16-16

If it's not the snippet (and I checked, Optimizely's there and the object is available in console), then you might want to refer to what this person experienced and resolved in the forum:

"So, my guess is that this isn't a mod_security or website design flaw, but a flaw/over-zealous protection that GoDaddy, our temporary web-host has in place. I'll get in contact with them about the issue, and report back as to what I find out. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.

UPDATE: I called GoDaddy and they had the sys admin review the system and it was a flaw in their security restrictions. they patched it up and the 406 error went away. Now the experiments work perfectly. I hope this post helps others to fix any related issues."
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
Iogasawa 08-17-16

Thanks RobertChan. I'll contact the people who run the website to see if they can take a look at this.

Level 2