Rich-text Reply

Entire DOM modifications with my rendered Optimizely variation (but not as expected)

kadelz 09-26-15

Entire DOM modifications with my rendered Optimizely variation (but not as expected)

I read the Troubleshooting: Your Optimizely variation is rendering, but not as you expected tutorial and found out that Optimizely is causing the issue.

The only changes I've done with the variation are:

$("h1").html("Request an Enterprise Trial");
$(".col-md-4 > h3").css({"display":"none", "visibility":""});
$(".btn").val("Request an Enterprise Trial");
$("input[name='variation']").val("Enterprise-Trial");

However, when I'm looking at the source code of the variation I see further modifications to the the entire DOM.

For instance, from some uknown reason some of my INPUTs are missing the type="text" attribute (modern browsers have no problem with it but in my css I have rules that are dedicated to input[type=text] elements).

Furthermore, for some html tags - there are missing quotes for the attributes, for instance: <div class=footer> instead of <div class="footer">.

When I disable the script (or using the disable querystring) - everything is looking good.

I put the snippet in the HEAD but not at the very top of it.

Would appreciate any help and if there's further data you want me to provide - just tell me and i'll add.

Thanks.

Level 1

Mario 09-28-15

Re: Entire DOM modifications with my rendered Optimizely variation (but not as expected)

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Optiverse!

The above mentioned issues sound quite atypical for Optimizely. However, could you please provide more information e.g. a link or a screenshot to have a closer look at this incident?

Best,
Mario
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely