Rich-text Reply

Errors when testing Optimizely X Web integration with Universal Google Analytics

Kenns 01-14-17
Accepted Solution

Errors when testing Optimizely X Web integration with Universal Google Analytics

Howdie! I am having an issue integrating Optimize X Web on an Angular JS using Angulartics for Google Analytics. I am attempting to use the Anaytics Test Chrome Extension (as recommended here). I'm seeing "Command ignored. Unknown target: undefined." during the test.

Any ideas? Will let you know in 24 hours if it working despite this error.

OptimizelyUAissue.png

Level 2

RyanC 01-16-17

Re: Errors when testing Optimizely X Web integration with Universal Google Analytics

This is interesting, would like to see more information on it.
Ryan
------------------------------------------------
The best solution is the simplest.
Experimentation Hero
Kenns 01-16-17

Re: Errors when testing Optimizely X Web integration with Universal Google Analytics

Definitely not working. I'm not exactly sure what a healthy trace should look like with Optimizely + UA integration. When it says "Creating new tracker" should I set this as the "Custom Tracker" option in Optimizely? Is there any guidance to help investigate issues like this? All I can find in your docs is to confirm that Optimizely scripts run before the ga object is defined, which I have confirmed. I guess my next step is to try to learn more about Angulartics to see how their integration is done. Any pointers much appreciated.
Level 2
RyanC 01-16-17

In case you haven't set it up already, did you define a placeholder for the Custom dimensions in your Google Analytics account under the Admin tab?

Capture.JPG

Ryan
------------------------------------------------
The best solution is the simplest.
Experimentation Hero
Kenns 01-16-17

[ Edited ]

Yes I have and the new dimensions (3 of them) are set to Active within Analytics.

Inside of Optimizely, I have enabled the UA analytics integration at the project level, and then inside of three campaigns specifying the index of new custom dimensions. However, I just noticed that at the project level it reports the integration is used by "0 campaigns" -- inside the project integration page there is a highlighted message - "Your project privacy settings currently prevent Optimizely from sending descriptive names to third party tools. Learn more."   Would that prevent this integration from firing?

Level 2
Kenns 01-16-17

Okay, I had to alter my privacy settings. This should really be mentioned on https://help.optimizely.com/Integrate_Other_Platforms/Integrating_Optimizely_with_Google_Universal_A.... Also, I suspect that since the integration was completely broken by this required privacy setting the box should show in red not in yellow. Some sort of highlighting to let me know that this was failing at the project level would have been very helpful...

Untitled.png

Level 2