Rich-text Reply

Exclude user from the experiment statistic after he has been added there

Maria111 08-04-16

Exclude user from the experiment statistic after he has been added there

Hi! Is there an ability to exclude user from the experiment statistic after he has been added/included there?

Level 1

AshK 08-04-16

Re: Exclude user from the experiment statistic after he has been added there

[ Edited ]

Hi Maria111,

Do you mean excluding a user the second time they visit your test? Or do you mean filtering out results from a specific user or IP from your data (e.g - your own computer)?

A little more detail about the topic can help answer your question.

Thanks, 

--

ash

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, that's made all the difference"
Level 4
Maria111 08-09-16

Hi Ash,

Thank you for getting back to me. Sure, let me please explain. We have configured the experiment for two checkouts to see which one has higher conversion. But then we've realized that after few weeks we've missed to exclude few more conditions for that experiment. Is there any way to do it after the experiment has been set and it was running - so we will be able to see actual results? For example, add few links to the Exclude section without re-running the experiment and it will affect the previous results too.

And one more question - is there an ability to configure Heat Map for Optimizely to see the users behaviour on some website pages?

Thank you,
Maria
Level 1
AshK 08-09-16

Hi Maria,

As far as I'm aware - there is no way to add more conditions to the data post test results. You can do basic filtering and also create views using different segments. More information can be found here:
https://help.optimizely.com/Analyze_Results/The_Results_page#Filtering_and_exporting_data

Now as for configuring heatmaps. If you would like to see per variation then this is possible using CrazyEgg with an integration into Optimizely before/during the test but not after. Otherwise you can also use a tool like Hotjar (cheaper) but it will not split it by variation.

Does this answer your questions? If you have any doubts or follow up please reply and I'm happy to respond.

Best,
Ash

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, that's made all the difference"
Level 4