Rich-text Reply

Excluding internal employees by IP from everything not only experiment results

Tammy 01-19-15

Excluding internal employees by IP from everything not only experiment results

Hello,

My question is "Is there any way to exclude from internal emplyee from everything by IP"
My client is asking us how to exclude internal employees by IP from everything on the dashboard not only experiment results.  Precisely, "internal employees" they say is retired employees.

It seems they gave ID and PW to many employees randomly, then now they can't figure out which ID/PWs are for retired employees.... I know they should've managed their user list more sensitively - but anyways, ID/PWs for their retired employees are out of their control! and they are worrying about that retired employees are still avairable to take a loot inside of their Optimizely dashboard, project list, experiments etc, and they are looking for the way to exclude them by IP.

Could you please advise us about the solution for this?
Also, is there any plan for Optimizely to have such function in future?

Thank you,

Tamie
Level 6

Joel_Balmer 01-19-15

Re: Excluding internal employees by IP from everything not only experiment results

Hi Tammy!

Excluding IP from results, from the project settings tab on the home page / dashboard, is designed so that those testing in your company don't skew the results when you're trying to interpret them. It is also designed for you to use the IP addresses of your offices (or more specific IP address if you have an employee work from home / remotely, etc.).

However, this functionality does not affect their ability to use their account in any way, such as accessing experiments, etc.

It sounds like they more likely would have been added to the project as a collaborator.

If you know the email addresses of the previous employees (or conversely, you know the email addresses of your current employees that should be given access), you can remove them as collaborators from which ever projects you wish to protect them from seeing. Again from the dashboard / home page, click on the collaborators tab, click on a collaborator and then you may remove them.

I hope that helps!