Experiment fires, custom event shows in network traffic, report shows visit, but no conversion :/
Hey there! Big fan! I'm a dev / technical marketer.
I've implemented a simple text change experiment to test out whether or not this will work for us.
- On the landing page, my text does indeed change when given the proper parameters.
- Checking my cookie shows I'm bucketed to the proper experiment ID
- Clicking submit takes me to a page that will fire a custom event
- I can see in the network traffic that the custom even fires by looking at the N param of the event post
- My report shows the visits I've created using incognito browsers in chrome
- Unfortunately, my report shows no custom events firing
Is this a function of just waiting for the data, or is this me doing something incorrectly :\
Thanks tons for the help!!!
Could you send a screenshot of the network data showing the custom-event firing. Specifically, we'd like to see the Query Parameters data.
Is there an X parameter? If there is not an X parameter, even if the event is firing, the data may not be attributed to your experiment.
Also, this information would be extra helpful to troubleshooting this:
- A screenshot of the custom event code you've placed in your source code
- A screenshot of the details of this custom event goal.
- The experiment ID and the URL where the custom event will be firing.
Looking forward to hearing back!