Rich-text Reply

Feature Request - Stop an experiment when reaching certain number of conversions

max 01-22-15

Feature Request - Stop an experiment when reaching certain number of conversions

As you may have found out, Optimizely is such a great tool that it's being used for many other purposes than A/B testing. We would like to use it to run promotions on an ecommerce website. The promotions are limited in numbers, thus we would like a new feature to be added to Optimizely to stop an experiment after the number of conversions for a goal has reached a predefined limit.

We know this feature isn't justified by A/B testing, however because development work seems small:

cron job, IF # conversions >= predefined limit THEN stop experiment

and it would allow companies to further laverage Optimizely, we thought it would be worth asking.

Can you guys consider this feature request and provide some feedback on it?

max
Level 2

MartijnSch 01-22-15

Re: Feature Request - Stop an experiment when reaching certain number of conversions

You could also easily trigger it yourself by making sure you only include the experiment after seting a variable for the number of conversions you already had.

max 01-22-15

Re: Feature Request - Stop an experiment when reaching certain number of conversions

Thanks. With this? (so we would activate experiment only if the number of conversions if lower than the limit we set):
https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040225-Activation-Mode-Activating-an-experiment-dyn...

As for retrieving the number of conversions for the experiment, I looked at the [optimizely] object and couldn't find it there. Is this included in that object or will I need to get that number via the API?
max
Level 2
kylerush 01-22-15

[ Edited ]

Hi,
I definitely see your use case. The fastest way to achieve this today would actually be with our API. You can use the Results API to check the conversions of a test at some frequency and then use the Experiments API to start / pause a test accordingly.

We will definitely add this into future feature conversations.

Optimizely