Rich-text Reply

GA integration via Tag Manager gives weird results

aukev 06-29-16

GA integration via Tag Manager gives weird results

[ Edited ]

I`m trying to get my optimizely data into google analytics. We're using GTM and I`m using the exact setup as described here:

https://help.optimizely.com/Integrate_Other_Platforms/Implementing_Optimizely_with_Google_Tag_Manage...

- Optimizely tag is loaded first, right after the <head>

- Tag Manager tag is loaded right after the opening <body>

- The slot in the javascript is the same as the one I chose for my custom dimension in GA.

- We run a split url (url redirect) test where we redirect from domain.com/onestepcheckout to domain.com/onestepcheckout?col=3

- Url targeting is exact match for: domain.com/onestepcheckout

I've setup a custom report for the data but the data shown here:

1. Has a different session count and shows only a small percentage of the conversions

2. The dimension value (which should be the row name in the report) is empty for the variation (see screenshot)

analytics-optimziely.png

Funny thing is that if I force the variation to run by using query variables the tag manager preview shows all the values added to the pageview tag without problem and doing so adds the dimension values to GA the way it should. This only seems to work when forcing the variation to show, otherwise not.

Any idea what might cause this or how I can troubleshoot this?

Level 2

Re: GA integration via Tag Manager gives weird results

Hi Aukev,

Thanks for posting your question here. There might be several reasons why you're not seeing the right data. Do you have the Optimizely snippet on the redirected page? That's needed to get the information to GA.

Can you private message me an experiment-ID so I can go in and have a look?

Best,
Nils
aukev 06-30-16

Re: GA integration via Tag Manager gives weird results

Thanks, I've sent you a message.
Level 2