Rich-text Reply

Get your Optimizely raw event data, quickly and easily

jongaulding 09-08-16

Get your Optimizely raw event data, quickly and easily

In June, Optimizely launched the Data Export feature as documented at https://developers.optimizely.com/events/export/. It strictly provided access to Optimizely raw event data, addressing a long-standing product request, but the new feature was unusable for all but the most technical users. And even then, it was cumbersome to work with.

So I took some time and built the missing user interface for Optimizely’s raw data export. I call it Data Pro, and it’s documented here. Peter at Art.com, one of my earliest adopters, wrote this about Data Pro:

"The Data Pro app has helped me filter and download the Optimizely raw experiment data I need in a fraction of the time it used to take. Now I can get a list of order IDs for an experiment in minutes instead of hours. It’s simple to use and helps me a lot in my day-to-day analysis of A/B tests."

-- Peter Rawsthorn, E-Commerce Analyst at Art.com

If this app is something you’d find useful, or if you have additional feature requests, I’d love to hear from you!

~Jon

amitch5903 09-09-16

Re: Get your Optimizely raw event data, quickly and easily

Thanks Jon for letting me try Data Pro! It perfectly serves our needs for data exporting and I really look forward to much easier test analysis in the future because of it.
jongaulding 09-09-16

Re: Get your Optimizely raw event data, quickly and easily

You're so welcome! Thank you for the awesome suggestions!