Rich-text Reply

Goals not measuring correctly

aerismel 06-13-16

Goals not measuring correctly

I am trying to run an easy experiment. I simply want to measure people who land on the homepage and measure the ones that buy a product and get to the thank you page.

So far everything seems easy enough, but results are not measured correctly, and here is what's happening. 

I accept payments via Paypal. And after the payment, clients are redirected to the thank you page I added above. The problem here is that once people pay with paypal they get to the paypal default thank you page, where they have to wait 10 seconds to be redirected to my thank you page: https://psicologiaparaninoslibros.com/thank-you

There are people that are closing the window BEFORE the 10 seconds pass and obviously they are not redirected to the thank you page where the goal is being measured in optimizely. This gives me less conversions tracked in optimizely than the real sales I have. Simply because of those 10 seconds they have to wait to get redirected.

So, my question is how can I measure this correctly? Is there a way to reduce the countdown on paypal so that before people close the window they land in my thank you page? Or is there a way to send a notification of payment from paypal to optimizely using Payment Data Transfer Token in paypal? Or is there some other way to measure this correctly? Please help me figure this out.

Thanks!

Level 2

MartijnSch 06-14-16

Re: Goals not measuring correctly

Hi,

Are you connecting your web analytics tool to your Optimizely account (like Google Analytics). What you could do is set-up the connection between the experiments and your conversion data in there and then instead of analysing the data in Optimizely make sure that you have the conversion data in your Web Analytics. Google Analytics set-up to make sure you can accurately see the differences. As I'm assuming the data should be correct in one out of the two tools.
aerismel 06-14-16

Re: Goals not measuring correctly

[ Edited ]

I don't have it setup in Google Analytics. I haven't found a way to do that. But either way, I don't think it's necessary and it's kind of a different solution to what I am looking for. I know exactly how many sales I have by simply going into paypal. I just need to have a way to measure it correctly in optimizely. Am I the only one trying to measure sales from paypal? Smiley Sad

Level 2