Rich-text Reply

Google Analytics Integration / Tag format:Still Classic, but analytics is actually UA

Tammy 08-07-15

Google Analytics Integration / Tag format:Still Classic, but analytics is actually UA

Hello,

I got a question my client who runs UA( google universal anaytics) with using google anaytics CLASSIC tag.

They said they want to integrate their UA(with GA classic tag) with Optimizely.

And also changing tag to proper tag for UA is hard for then for some reason.

Now I found the pages below to itegrate analytics, could you please which page we should refer?

1. https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/203928738-Integrating-Optimizely-with-Google-Analytics...

2. https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039995-Integrating-Optimizely-with-Google-Universal...

Thank you for your help!

Tammy

Tamie
Level 6

ishaan 08-07-15

Re: Google Analytics Integration / Tag format:Still Classic, but analytics is actually UA

I will say second one
Level 2
Tammy 08-11-15

Re: Google Analytics Integration / Tag format:Still Classic, but analytics is actually UA

Thank you, @ishaan

But there's no place to write below in google analytics classic's tag,
// Optimizely Universal Analytics Integration Code
window.optimizely = window.optimizely || [];
window.optimizely.push("activateUniversalAnalytics");

Ya-, I can't figure out still... I'l try to use UA integration way to GA classic tag for test.

And I'm surprised no Optimizely people have not answered this topic yet, because I posted this last Friday and now it's Tuesday in Japan....

At least I would like to hear whether it's available to integrate without any issues somehow or not from them.
Tamie
Level 6
Amara 08-18-15

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your question and I apologize for the delayed response. If you don't mind, I am going to open up a support ticket to address this as I'd like to ask for a couple more details in regards to your setup.

Best,
Amara
-----
Teja Shah
Technical Support Representative
Optimizely