Rich-text Reply

Google Universal Analytics Access optimizely tests in custom variagbles

bishwadeepkc 05-10-16

Google Universal Analytics Access optimizely tests in custom variagbles

Hi,

I have a quesion regarding the Optimizely GA reports. I am using the Google Universal Analytics and I have followed all the instructions in this URL: https://help.optimizely.com/Integrate_Other_Platforms/Integrating_Optimizely_with_Google_Universal_A... Finally I was able to list the tests and data using dimensions. I have few other websites using the Classic GA and a separate reporting is already setup for those sites.

My question is:

Classic GA uses custom variables to receive the optimizely data and Universal GA uses dimensions to receive the data to GA. Is it possible for Universal GA to receive the data in the custom variable so that I will be able to view the report in the same way that I do for the rest of my sites (sites using classic GA)?

If the above integration is not possible then, Is it possible to list all the current optimizely test in the same report? without creating reports per dimensions?

Thank you,

BD

Re: Google Universal Analytics Access optimizely tests in custom variagbles

Hi BD,

Thanks for your question here. It's not possible for Universal GA to receive the data in the same way that Classic GA receives the data, as Optimizely doesn't pass the data through a custom variable, but through a custom dimension. However, in Google Analytics Universal you can set up segments to filter your data by Optimizely experiments, by "custom dimensions" instead of "custom variables". You can choose to build the segment and filter in such a way that you include all Optimizely data in there.

Does this help you?

Best wishes,
Nils