Rich-text Reply

Help setting up an advanced double redirect test, on multiple URLs, and a multipage test.

jameswin79 09-13-16

Help setting up an advanced double redirect test, on multiple URLs, and a multipage test.

[ Edited ]

My test involves a double redirect, mutiple URLs targeted, and multipage test. I have multliple (sales funnel) websites that have a common template substring that I will be targeted using substring (or regex). I want these targeted URLs to redirect to a new template, but at the end of the sales funnel (page3), I want the users to be redirected back to their original URL.

Example:

Unique URLs with common template structure:

domainA.com/templateA/page1.php?query=456

domainB.com/templateA/page1.php?query=678

domainC.com/templateA/page1.php?query=890

Target substring: 'templateA/page1.php'

First redirect: 

Targeted visitors get redirected to: 

domainA.com/templateB/page1.php?query=456

domainB.com/templateB/page1.php?query=678

domainC.com/templateB/page1.php?query=890

Second Redirect happens a couple pages later into the sales funnel:

Target simple match: 'templateB/page3.php'

Question is, how do I redirect all of these targeted visitors back to the original domain that they came from and make sure that all specific query parameters are still included to get these results:

Redirect users back to:

domainA.com/templateA/page3.php?query=456

domainB.com/templateA/page3.php?query=678

domainC.com/templateA/page3.php?query=890

Is this possible?

inigam 09-13-16

Re: Help setting up an advanced double redirect test, on multiple URLs, and a multipage test.

Hi James,

If you have back button, back link on your destination pages, can you consider using the referring URL on the destination pages? Would that solve your problem?

You can get referring URL, right?

Let me know.

Regards
IN

Regards,
IN

Level 6