Rich-text Reply

Hit as GA custom dimension scope for the integration with Optimizely experimentation

Tammy 01-04-17

Hit as GA custom dimension scope for the integration with Optimizely experimentation

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Is it possible to use "hit" as the scope of GA's custom dimention for Optimizely integration?

As the article below says, Optimizely recommends us to use "sesson" or "user" for the sope of custom dimension, but I think "hit" scope is usefull.

https://help.optimizely.com/Integrate_Other_Platforms/Integrating_Optimizely_with_Google_Universal_A...

Let me clarify:

I noticed using hit scope for it makes us not being able to see the data via the custom report.  But in the case I don't use the custom report, I think using hit scope for it doesn't have any cons but pros below:

- Available to use only 1 custom dimention for Optimizely's multiple experimentation.

- The session or user data in GA can maintain the information of multiple experimentations.

Could you please advise me if I'm missing something I should notice and refrain to use hit scope for it?

Thank you,

Tamie
Level 6

robertchan 01-04-17

Re: Hit as GA custom dimension scope for the integration with Optimizely experimentation

I have previously used "hit" for the scope of my GA custom dimensions and data was being aggregated into my custom report just fine.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
Tammy 01-05-17

Re: Hit as GA custom dimension scope for the integration with Optimizely experimentation

@robertchan

Thank you for replying me and sharing the custom report thing, I appreciate.

Tamie
Level 6
Tammy 01-05-17

@optimizely

Could you please give me Optimizely's thought?

Tamie
Level 6
robertchan 01-05-17

Anytime!
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero