Rich-text Reply

Hotjar integration

Virginie 12-09-15
Accepted Solution

Hotjar integration

Hello,

Is the Hotjar integration prioritized in your roadmap?

If so when will we be able to have that new functionnality?

That would be great to track heatmaps of the Optimizely variations in hotjar as you do for other heatmap tools.

Thanks a lot,

Virginie

Level 1

kkhvi 12-09-15

Re: Hotjar integration

I'd love to see this integration as well.

Hotjar is the bomb

Level 2

Hi @kkhvi and @Virginie,

We hear you loud and clear - we are activedly scoping this integration and will certainly let the Community know when it is released.

In the meantime, we have some standard code that you can leverage today to integrate Optimizely with Hotjar.  Check out the discussion I had with another customer here, and please do let us know if you have any questions or issues!

Harrison Krat
Solutions Architect | Optimizely, Inc.
harrison@optimizely.com

plac3bodk 12-10-15

This is great news.

Looking forward to the integration being added to Optimizely.

Until then, I'll check out the workaround from the other post.

Thanks!

dboroi1 11-15-16

Is this ready yet? HotJar integrated they're waiting on Optimizely team. Will determine my switch from CrazyEgg. 

Level 2
dboroi1 01-10-17

Getting close?
Level 2
dboroi1 01-10-17

Getting close?
Level 2
Jason-GSell 10-10-17

Hi @dboroi1@plac3bodk@kkhvi and @Virginie

I'm very pleased to say that after many requests there is now an official Optimizely/Hotjar integration available. 

If you use Hotjar Business and Optimizely X, you can enable Hotjar's integration to align visitor analytics and feedback with your Optimizely experiments.

When you enable the integration, Hotjar will automatically add control and variation tags to recordings when you're running an experiment on a page. You'll be able to see which recordings are part of different experiments and variations and filter recordings by variation. This will help you select the recordings you want to watch when you're reviewing experiment results.

To get the Hotjar integration up and running, follow Hotjar's integration guide.

If this solved your question, please accept it as a solution!
Optimizely