Rich-text Reply

How To Test Multiple Landing Page & Form Experiences

Aquamedia 01-12-15

How To Test Multiple Landing Page & Form Experiences

I just signed up to optimizely and noticed a small hiccup with the type of experiment I want to run.

We have 3 variations of landing pages we want to test but the thing is, for each 3 variations, we have created banners above the forms users land on after clicking "Register Now".

How will optimizely deal with this?

JDahlinANF 01-12-15

Re: How To Test Multiple Landing Page & Form Experiences

Can you give a little more insight into the page-flow?

For the landing pages, are they 3 different URLs?

Is your concern that you want to measure how often each page's banner is clicked and you need know how to set up a goal that captures clicks on each of these different banners?

Amanda 01-12-15

Yep, as @nap0leon mentioned, additional information here would be helpful. Also if you could post the URL that would be great too. 

Are the banners you are referencing on a new URL for the confirmation pages? Or, does the form just transform into the confirmation version once you hit the "Register" button & the URL stays the same? 

If the former, I think you are referring to a Multi-Page test. If the latter then you will likely need to use a form of manual activation

Looking forward to hearing back from you so we can get this all sorted out! 

Optimizely
Aquamedia 01-13-15

Hi there, thanks for your responses. @Amanda, I have carefully gone through your documentation and what I need is indeed multi-page testing. It is not available for starter pricing so I am calling your London office right away.

The other question I should ask following from @Napoleon's comment is - is it possible to use optimizely to test 3 different URL variations of a landing page? I had got 3 different URLs created before reading the documentation about using optimizely's editor.

I am curious is why I am asking and pardon me if its somewhere in the documentation as i just signed up and i am carefully going through them.
Amanda 01-13-15

@Aquamedia - You'll want to use a redirect setup to test multiple URLs against one another. You can find details on how to get started with this type of test here

Let us know if you have any additional questions on this Smiley Happy

Optimizely