Rich-text Reply

How can I test button-colour in the basket?

jklaiber 12-02-15
Accepted Solution

How can I test button-colour in the basket?

Hi all

I want to test button-colour in the cart. Changing the colour of a button is no problem for me - the problem is rather that I cannot perform an experiment within my basket because the URL is the same no matter if there are products in the basket or not. So when I paste the URL of my basket in Optimizely I get an empty basket displayed (important: If the basket is empty there are also no buttons displayed). I also tried to put products in the basket via the "interactive mode" but I cannot navigate away from my current URL.  

Thank you very much for your help!

Best

Johannes

Level 2

AllisonR 12-03-15

Re: How can I test button-colour in the basket?

Hi Johannes,

This is a great question! Have you tried the steps in the following support article on loading gated content?

https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/204603007-Troubleshooting-Can-t-load-a-gated-page-that...

If this doesn't work for you this might be because your basket page is dynamically loaded as part of a single page application. Is this the case? If so, and there is no way to render the page in the editor, we will need to use an alternate method of creating variation code.

- One option is to separately host a static HTML version of the page and load that into the editor. You can then make changes to that page using the visual editor.
- Another approach, if you are familiar with jQuery, would be to use the developer console in your browser to make changes and see them reflected on your live page. That jQuery can then be copied into the experiment's variation code.

Both of these methods work since the editor acts as a template, whereas the URL targeting dictates exactly where the experiment will run. Hope this helps!

Best,
Allison
Allison
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely | EMEA
Optimizely
jklaiber 12-07-15

Re: How can I test button-colour in the basket?

Hi Allison

Thanks for your answer! I will check with my webmaster and see which of your options works best. 

Best,

Johannes

Level 2