Rich-text Reply

How do I make sure users are bucketed in the same variation through one flow?

SuperSecretUser 12-02-15

How do I make sure users are bucketed in the same variation through one flow?

Hi, 

I currently have one experiment running, and it remove one block within our checkout funnel, which is a 5-step flow. 

How do I make sure when users are bucketed to variation 1 (without the block), they will not see this block in the following steps as well? because currently it sometimes display variation 1 in step 1, and original in step 2, so users might get confused.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

robertchan 12-02-15

Re: How do I make sure users are bucketed in the same variation through one flow?

Assuming you've set up your experiment appropriately, then check that the following code exists in your variation code for variation 1 across the steps (also assuming the element has the same selector across all the steps):

$(YOURELEMENTSELECTOR).remove();

Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
Hudson 12-02-15

Re: How do I make sure users are bucketed in the same variation through one flow?

Hi SuperSecretUser, 

I think you might be describing a use case best served by the Multi-Page Experiment feature.

Please read this article from the Optimizely Knowledge Base and see if it helps. Note that this is a premium feature and may not be available in all plans. 

Happy Testing!

Hudson

Optimizely