Rich-text Reply

How to Track a Micro-conversion (Add to cart) and a Macro-conversion(purchase)

me2loveit2 02-23-17
Accepted Solution

How to Track a Micro-conversion (Add to cart) and a Macro-conversion(purchase)

I have an e-commerce store and want to set up an A/B Test for a Product Page. I want to track the number of "add to cart" button clicks and the impact on conversions(purchase dollars)

I know I can use Optimizelys URL Targeting feature to a/b test all the product pages at once and get analytics on the "add to cart" button. But is it possible to keep tracking a user once they complete a purchase and attribute the revenue to the correct variation?

RyanC 02-24-17

Re: How to Track a Micro-conversion (Add to cart) and a Macro-conversion(purchase)

Yes it is, as long as the Optimizely snippet is available on the page. For your case it's important to setup custom goals to achieve the required result.
Ryan
------------------------------------------------
The best solution is the simplest.
Level 10
me2loveit2 02-24-17

Re: How to Track a Micro-conversion (Add to cart) and a Macro-conversion(purchase)

Thanks Ryan, for confirming this works! Is there a help section or an example that I can follow to get this set up?

JasonDahlin 02-24-17

Revenue Tracking: https://help.optimizely.com/Measure_success%3A_Track_visitor_behaviors/Revenue_tracking_goals_in_Opt...

In essence, you'll add this to your thank-you page:

<script>
   window.optimizely = window.optimizely || [];
   window.optimizely.push(['trackEvent', 'eventName', {'revenue': valueInCents}]);
</script>

Items in red are variable names that you'll need to modify.  "eventName" should be replaced by the name that you give your Revenue goal and valueInCents is whatever variable you have on your page for revenue.

--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy
me2loveit2 02-24-17

Thanks Jason, That's what I was looking for!