Rich-text Reply

How to create a test for a group of URLs, without recreating one-by-one?

randowens 07-24-15

How to create a test for a group of URLs, without recreating one-by-one?

Hi All,

I run a real estate website (WillowGlenhomes.co) I am trying to run the same experiment on all of our lists pages. There are too many listings for me to go through and recreate the test one-by-one. Is there a way for me to do this in bulk? Maybe using a portion of the URL (Head URL: http://willowglenhomes.co/homes for example) that is associated with every listing page?

Looking forward to your help!

Regards,
Rand

Re: How to create a test for a group of URLs, without recreating one-by-one?

Hi @randowens,

Great question, and yes Optimizely has a way to do this.  You're on the exact right path - use a common portion, or substring, of your URL that is present in all your listings pages.  Then, in URL Targeting, choose a Substring match.  As long as Optimizely is installed on all those pages, the experiment will run on all those pages.

Please let us know if anything doesn't work.  Thanks!

Harrison Krat
Solutions Architect | Optimizely, Inc.
harrison@optimizely.com

randowens 07-24-15

That helps a lot, but it leads me to 2 more questions. For me to setup the experiment, do I need to use a full listing URL to get a layout that I can edit? I used just the http://willowglenhomes.co/homes URl and It shows my 404 page, understandably.

When I saw this, my assumption was that I needed to use a standard listing URL as a "template" of sorts make my changes there. I also, needed to go to Options and setup URL Targeting to use substring match.

I want to confirm that I am correct in my thinking. Smiley Happy
JDahlinANF 07-24-15

@randowens - sounds correct!

For your editor, pick one of the listing pages so you can see what the changes look like (and you can use the WYSIWIG editor if you want to ).

For URL targeting, use substring match.

@randowens - @nap0leon is right on with his answer!
Harrison Krat
Solutions Architect | Optimizely, Inc.
harrison@optimizely.com