Rich-text Reply

How to do a redirect test, but keep same URL?

dlee 10-03-16

How to do a redirect test, but keep same URL?

Hi,

I wanted to 3 multiple landing pages (1 original and 2 variations) when a potential customer comes to example.com.

Let's say that I have 3 landing pages I want to test:

example.com (original)

example.com/1

example.com/2

Because each variation will require more than 200 lines of code changes, I will have to have a new URL correct? Is there any other way to do this?

Assuming this is the case, is there a way I can show the 'example.com/1' or 'example.com/2' variation but keeping the 'example/com' URL?

Basically, I want to keep the URL syntax constant because not making it constant just introduces a new, unnecessary variable.

Thanks!

Level 1

JasonDahlin 10-04-16

Re: How to do a redirect test, but keep same URL?

"Because each variation will require more than 200 lines of code changes, I will have to have a new URL correct? Is there any other way to do this?"

You only need a new URL if you choose to have a new URL.  There is not an actual limit on how many changes you can make to a specific page within Optimizely.  There is, of course, a balance between using jQuery to manipulate a page vs building the page anew using your publishing tool or DEV resources.  But, there is not a limit to the number of lines of code.

If the changes you want to make can be accomplished using jQuery and JavaScript, then you can use Optimizely and keep the same URL.

--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy