Rich-text Reply

How to set the winner as a permanent change?

RunnerMan 02-07-15

How to set the winner as a permanent change?

[ Edited ]

hi guys,

complete beginner here. say i found my winner after a/b split testing, how can i set the winning page as my original? i am currently using wordpress.

also, how do i noindex the test pages?

greg 02-08-15

Re: How to set the winner as original? + additional question

If you want to turn the variation into permanent changes to the site, you or your developers will have to update the site's code. You can't do that in Optimizely. Until then you can set the experiment's traffic allocation to 100% for the winning variation.

As for the noindex... When you say "test pages," do you mean for a redirect experiment? If so, then you'll have to add the following to the head section of the redirect page:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex">

If you mean for a regular experiment, then there is no need for "noindex" because there is no duplicate page being created.

Hope that's helpeful.

Level 2
RunnerMan 02-08-15

Hi Greg. What do you mean by update site code? How can I do this on wordpress?

Thanks

greg 02-09-15

[ Edited ]

I mean modify your Wordpress site with the edits you made in your experiment. Here's a good starting point.

You might also consider having a developer who's familiar with Wordpress to help you with this.

Level 2
Lukedwards 02-12-15

Selecting a winner manually?

Hey,

How do I manually choose a winner and publish that winning page from an A/B test?

I've done it with the previous version but cannot work out how to do it in the backend.

Cheers,

Luke

Amanda 02-13-15

Re: Selecting a winner manually?

Hey @Lukedwards - I moved your question to this conversation since it's regarding the same topic. You'll need your developers to make the changes to your site code based on the winning variation. In the shorterm, you can always set the traffic allocation to 100% for the variation until you're able to make changes to the code. This support article describes how to do that. 

Let us know if you have additional questions - we're happy to help! 

Optimizely