Rich-text Reply

How to use Optimizely on website that references all its resources with relative URLs?

i_power 05-29-16

How to use Optimizely on website that references all its resources with relative URLs?

Optimizely cannot load the resources referenced in our web pages because all paths are relative (i.e. do not contain the domain name in the URLs). Is this a limitation in Optimizely's architecture, or is there a way to work around this? We cannot easily change our website to use absolute paths instead.

Level 1

AllisonR 05-30-16

Re: How to use Optimizely on website that references all its resources with relative URLs?

It sounds like you're having trouble loading your site in the Optimizely Editor, is this the case? If so, I recommend the following: 

• Verify mixed content is enabled in your browser. Note: for the newest versions of Chrome (49+) this involves more than just clicking the gray shield in the upper right corner.
  • You'll also want to take a look at this article specifically about troubleshooting editor loading issues and run through the steps one by one.
  • If you are using extensions or add-ons on your browser or using a firewall/strict anti-virus program, this may cause issues loading pages in the Editor, so please do check into this by turning off each extensions individual and/or testing when the firewall or anti-virus program is disabled.

Does this solve your issue? If not, how are you able to trace back the issue to the relative resource links? Can you share your discovery process? 

Best,

Allison
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely | EMEA

Allison
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely | EMEA
Optimizely