Rich-text Reply
Highlighted

I Could Do My Job Better If...

Jason-GSell 02-14-17

I Could Do My Job Better If...

[ Edited ]

Hey there Community members, the Optimizely Education team is looking to help you do your jobs better, quicker, and more easily, so we want to know how we can help!

So for all of the Community members, what's one thing that would help you do your job better?

Is there anything you wish the Optimizely platform did better or differently? A new skill you'd like to develop to improve your experimentation? Share with us and we'll do our best to deliver!

If this solved your question, please accept it as a solution!
Optimizely

RyanC 02-15-17

Re: I Could Do My Job Better If...

An idea comes to mind is in situations where we have one website that is based on to separate platforms for desktop and mobile, hence in Optimizely we separate them in different projects. So there are situations when we would like someone in the variation of a desktop experiment to see the same thing on mobile. Sounds complex and not sure how it will work, but just sharing an idea if it's possible.
Ryan
------------------------------------------------
The best solution is the simplest.
Experimentation Hero
robertchan 02-15-17

Not necessarily for me, but I think it'd be useful to have more visual assistance for collaborators. A few people I've shown Optimizely X to find some of the layouts overwhelming. Similar to the old school paperclip from Microsoft, it would be cool to have an assistance icon explain what different parts of the platform represent or do.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
carbonsam 02-16-17

Having multiple environments for tests in development and production would be a huge help. Right now, we have to create two pages for each test (one for production and one for our dev environment) so we can test out the experiment before we publish it. Being able to specify development URLs for pages would be a huge help!
Samuel
Jason-GSell 02-16-17

@RyanC that's a great challenge to solve! Unfortunately, if your visitors are anonymous, we won't have a way of serving them the same experiences across devices. However, if your visitors are logged in or otherwise identified, Optimizely Full Stack enables you to run experiments on your server that could serve experiences across all channels and devices. I'd definitely check it out if you haven't already!

Optimizely
Jason-GSell 02-16-17

@robertchan thanks for the suggestion! Our Education team is definitely working on it. You may have noticed similar guiders in Optimizely Classic by clicking the ? button in the bottom-left corner of the screen. 

Optimizely
robertchan 02-16-17

Yes, cool stuff and hope to see more!
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
Jason-GSell 02-16-17

@carbonsam thanks for the suggestion! I definitely understand your pain, and I've passed it along to our product team for review. In the meantime, have you seen our cookie targeting QA method? It's one of the best QA methods to test how your experiment will run in production before you set it live.

Optimizely
JasonDahlin 02-16-17

Get the editor to load more reliably and/or find a way to increase visibility into what is going wrong with it.  There seems to be 2-3 questions per week in the forums on "why won't my editor load" type issues.

(Kudos though on letting us just cancel the load so we can get to the Options drop-down and edit code without relying on the editor - that is a huge help)

--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy
Experimentation Hero
Jason-GSell 02-16-17

Thanks @JasonDahlin, are you referring specifically to Optimizely Classic or Optimizely X?

Optimizely
Kristen_S 02-20-17

One of the things that I would like to see is the ability to remove/un-bucket users from a test if they complete a certain action. For example, 40% of the users who visit our home page click on My Account/log in. These users get bucketed into any test we run on the home page, even though they may never see or interact with the elements we are testing. Their purpose for visiting the home page is not to stay there, so these users aren't who we are interested in tracking. There is no way for us to know who these users are going to be ahead of time, so setting up Audiences wouldn't work.

If there's already a solution for this, I'd love to hear it, as this has been a challenge for my team. We've looked into conditional activation, but it doesn't seem to fit our needs in this particular instance.
"Ease of use may be invisible, but its absence sure isn't." - IBM
JasonDahlin 02-21-17

@jason-gsell  - I am referring to Classic Optimizely's editor.

Here is an idea I posted almost a year ago that would be used at least once a month by us:

https://community.optimizely.com/t5/Product-Ideas/Winner-Winner-Chicken-Dinner/idi-p/15062

--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy
Experimentation Hero
Jason-GSell 02-21-17

Hi @Kristen_S thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass this along to our product team. 

Typically I've seen customers address this issue by targeting users who have a specific cookie. For example, if someone has already logged to the site before, are they then cookied? If so, you could target users with the presence of that cookie to be excluded from the experiment. 

Optimizely
Jason-GSell 02-21-17

@JasonDahlin you definitely win best Community Post Subject line Cat WinkCat Wink

Thank you as well for your feedback! I'll definitely pass it along to our product managers. 

Optimizely