Rich-text Reply

I keep getting this error:" Sorry, but we were unable to load", no matter what URL I try.

jasan 10-13-15

I keep getting this error:" Sorry, but we were unable to load", no matter what URL I try.

I hvae not added the snippet code, but just wanted to test optimizely. I tried vaious urls. i.e http://www.example.com/

Level 1

JDahlinANF 10-13-15

Re: I keep getting this error:" Sorry, but we were unable to load", no matter what URL I t

You need to load a page that has the snippet - otherwise it won't work.

So, yeah, you need to load the snippet to your site before you can take the editor for a spin.

However, the connection with the site with the snippet is performed by your machine, so you can load it onto your localhost or a test environment behind a firewall and that will work just fine.

David_Orr 10-14-15

Re: I keep getting this error:" Sorry, but we were unable to load", no matter what URL I t

NAP0LEON: Thank you for answer! 

jasan,

If a site does not contain the snippet, the editor will try to proxy the page and inject the snippet via the proxy. I tested example.com on a test experiment and was able to load the page onto the editor. 

May I ask if you tried using the editor with all your browser's 3rd party extensions disabled?  

David

Senior Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely
tateman66 12-07-15

Hey David/Napolean, I've tried everything and I cannot get localhost urls to work at all with the editor. I see the snippet in the source. It's not at the beginning of the head but near the end. Should that matter? Does it have to be a paid account to get the editor working like this?

Everything I try throws this:

Add the snippet to your site

Adding the implementation code snippet may help us load the site into the editor. Follow these instructions then try again.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Steven

David_Orr 12-08-15

Hi Steven,

Did you still have trouble loading example.com in the editor after disabling all the browser extensions? If you're seeing this issue then the issue may be related to your computer's antivirus, firewall, or connection. 

Loading the snippet in the body does work at times but it is highly recommended to load it in the head. Do you know how the snippet is loaded? Is it hard coded or implemented via a tag manager? Are there other javascript files that run before the snippet that may be blocking the editor from finding the snippet?

Your plan type does not affect whether a site can be loaded into the editor or not. Loading a locally hosted page should also work. Are you able to create a simple site that only contains a line of text, your Optimizely snippet and see if it can load into the editor? This way, we will able to identify whether another javascript is blocking Optimizely from loading.

David

Senior Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely