Rich-text Reply

If I want to test the play store features such as screenshots, icon, descriptions, how to do it?

Cryptgram 06-08-15

If I want to test the play store features such as screenshots, icon, descriptions, how to do it?

Re: If I want to test the play store features such as screenshots, icon, descriptions, how to do it?

Hi there,

Nice to hear from you. Could you clarify - I'm not sure what play store you are referring to? Any links or screenshots would be very helpful. Smiley Happy

Best,

Amy Herbertson
Customer Success
moey 06-09-15

Re: If I want to test the play store features such as screenshots, icon, descriptions, how to do it?

I'd guess that the original question was referring to the Google Play Store, where there are lots of screenshots, icons, text descriptions, etc. However, I am not sure whether to run some tests against the Google Play site itself (e.g. if you're an employee of Google) or to test those assets that would hopefully drive downloads (e.g. if you're a developer who submitted your app to Google Store).

This makes me really curious on how we could use Optimizely to test the latter.
Level 2

I understand now. Thanks for the additional information. Unfortunately, you can only run experiments on pages where you're able to implement the Optimizely snippet. For more information about that, please see this article.
https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040095-Implement-the-Optimizely-Snippet

Since you can't access and edit the source code for the Google Play store (unless you are Google), you won't be able to use Optimizely for this scenario. Does that make sense?
Amy Herbertson
Customer Success
moey 06-09-15

Yes, that makes sense. I am curious how we'd do the latter, though:

How would an app developer A/B-test the assets (screenshots, icons, etc.) that she had submitted to the Google Play (Store)? While thinking about this further, maybe it'd be as simple as closely tracking the page view (of her own website) and # of app download? If that's the case, we probably need a different tool e.g. Google Analytics, etc., not necessarily utilizing Optimizely. Thoughts?
Level 2
Cryptgram 06-09-15

Although we can not directly test the Google play store page. However, it seems someone find a solution for it. See below:

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/mobile-app-ab-testing/

I wonder whether optimizely can also do the same thing.