Rich-text Reply

Insert JS Code from MailChimp with Optimizely

jklaiber 08-23-16
Accepted Solution

Insert JS Code from MailChimp with Optimizely

Dear all

I created a newsletter signup pop-up with mailchimp. Now I want to test this pop up with Optimizely on my website. MailChimp created the following JS code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="//s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us9.list-manage.com","uuid":"c74bcae51c6790df6ade46b27","lid":"11802a247d"}) })</script>

When I want to paste in that code in the editor field in my experiment it says: "unexpected token <"

Do you know how I can fix this? Because if I remove the "<" the JS could would be incorrect... 

Or is there another problem?

Thanks a lot!

Best

Johannes

Level 2

CouchPsycho 08-23-16

Re: Insert JS Code from MailChimp with Optimizely

Try:

jQuery("head").append('<script type="text/javascript" src="//s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us9.list-manage.com","uuid":"c74bcae51c6790df6ade46b27","lid":"11802a247d"}) })</script>');

Kind regards

Michael

"the essence of the creative act is to see the familiar as strange." (anonymous)
jklaiber 09-19-16

Hi Michael
I tried this and it seemed to work within the editor. But now if I do this in the Preview Mode its not working. I also tried it live but it does not work either. The error message stays the same. Do you see another mistake?

Best
Johannes
Level 2
CouchPsycho 09-19-16

Hmmm,

not easy. If it works in the editor but not in preview or live it might be a timing problem, which means your experiment is not activated at all or to late. Possibly, the mailchimp-script is waiting for an event to be triggered which already has been triggered before. But since i do not know mailchimp, this is just an idea, not more

Kind regards

Michael

"the essence of the creative act is to see the familiar as strange." (anonymous)
jklaiber 09-19-16

Thanks a lot. I think I try to contact MailChimp support. Maybe they can help me out with this. But your answer seems to make sense. 

Best

Johannes

Level 2