Rich-text Reply

Integration with CallTrackingMetrics.com

linda 08-08-14

Integration with CallTrackingMetrics.com

I see that there are some specific instructions in the Help section for call tracking integration with Avanser.  I was wondering if anyone has integrated Optimizely with CallTrackingMetrics.com to track call volume as a Goal in Optimizely?

I'm assuming that creating a custom goal would work, using the GA goal 'Calls' that is used by CallTrackingMetrics.com to show call data in GA.  Am I on the right track?

Thanks in advance!

Level 2

adzeds 08-08-14

Re: Integration with CallTrackingMetrics.com

I think this is one for the Optimizely guys. Not something I have worked with before.
David Shaw
Level 11
Kathryn 08-08-14

Hi Linda,

We have a couple of documented cases of clients using calltrackingmetrics.com, so it's indeed possible to tracks calls in this manner. I think this article on tracking offline conversions will help you in getting this set up: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040195-Tracking-offline-conversion-events-with-Opti...

Essentially, what you'll need to do is cause a log request to be fired to the Optimizely servers. In this log request, the n parameter represents the name of the event being fired, thus you should set up a custom event within Optimizely which matches the string in the n parameter of the log request.

From what I am aware, calltrackingmetrics.com also have an Optimizely integration, so it may be worthwhile to contact their support directly to find out what they recommend.

Just let me know if you've any further questions!

Thanks,
Kathryn
Optimizely
linda 08-11-14

Thanks Kathryn. I'm still working through a solution and will post back when I have something working so that others may use it.
Level 2
Amanda 08-11-14

Awesome, @linda  ! I can't wait to see the solution 

Optimizely
Amanda 08-12-14

@linda - We reached out to CallTrackingMetrics' support team about their integration with Optimizely.  Let me know if you are still getting stuck and I'd be happy to follow-up in more detail. Here is the response. 

The integration as it stands is actually very easy:

After a customer has setup their Optimizely campaign and installed the Optimizely code, we will start tracking which experiments and variations each of their visitors are participating in.

You will start to see a report “Calls by Experiment” populate within the Call Reports area. There you will be able to see calls by experiment and variations.

Optimizely