Rich-text Reply

Integration with Hybris

anithavs 02-15-17
Accepted Solution

Integration with Hybris

Hi,

I would like to know the details for integrating Optimizely with Hybris for A/B testing. Kindly help.

Regards,

Anitha

Level 2

Jason-GSell 02-17-17

Re: Integration with Hybris

Hi Anitha,

Thanks for your post! Unfortunately we don't have an out of the box integration with Hybris right now. However, we do have a REST API available to build custom integrations. You can learn more about it here: http://developers.optimizely.com/rest

Please let us know if you have any other questions about that!
If this solved your question, please accept it as a solution!
Optimizely
anithavs 02-17-17

Thanks for sharing the details, Jason.

Our approach would be -
- create variants in the jsp on Hybris
- Login into Optimizely account and create the experiments and a java script project
- include the generated javacript tag <script src="//cdn.optimizely.com/js/xxxx.js"></script> in the header.

Does the approach need the API integration?

Regards,
Anitha
Level 2
anithavs 02-17-17

Also, I have one more question.
Will Opitmizely decide on what variants to show for different visitors. Or this has to be be configured in Hybris.
Level 2
Jason-GSell 02-17-17

Hi Anitha,

Yes, Optimizely will bucket visitors into either the original or the variation. Typically, Optimizely also delivers the changes (variant) on the page through our variation JavaScript. If you want Hybris to deliver the change, you could simply use Optimizely's variation JavaScript to show/hide elements, or flag a/b version of what's delivered by Hybris.

Alternatively, you could run a redirect experiment, where Optimizely redirects half of your visitors to a different URL. In that case, Hybris would have two separate pages with unique URL's, and Optimizely would split the traffic between them. 

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Jason

Optimizely
anithavs 02-18-17

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing helpful info details.
I am not able to see 'Redirect" under Create options. Is this because I am using test account?
Kindly help.

Regards,
Anitha
Level 2
Jason-GSell 02-21-17

Hi Anitha, can you share a screenshot of what you see? It should be available even for trial accounts.

Thanks,

Jason

Optimizely

Hello anithavs

SAP Hybris officially announcing integration for Optimizely is "Optimizely for hybris". With just one line of JavaScript, hybris customers can implement Optimizely to run A/B tests across their hybris sites.

Thanks.

Jason-GSell 10-03-17

Thanks so much, @madisonquinn! This is an exciting new integration

Optimizely