Rich-text Reply

Is Optimizely broken?

mhinman 01-16-15

Is Optimizely broken?

Is anyone else having issues with tests running since yesterday, 1/15? mine aren't collecting data and I can't find any setup issues.

Level 2

JDahlinANF 01-16-15

Re: Is Optimizely broken?

It's working for me.
Can you share the URL of a page with an active experiment?
Amanda 01-16-15

@mhinman - I just took a look at your experiments 2336190906 and it looks like the snippet thought the experiment was still saved. I re-saved the experiment and it's now working just fine. I would suggest that you go through each of the experiments and just re-save them. 

You'll notice a message by the save button that says (uploading to CDN) while the snippet is saving. Please wait until this completes and it just says "Saved seconds ago" to test your experiment again. 

To confirm whether your experiment is running, you can always type optimizely.activeExperiments into the JS console to see if your experiment is running. See attached screenshot for confirmation that 2336190906 is running. 

Let me know if this does the trick for you!

(saving snippet)

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 1.41.33 PM.png

(checking active experiments)

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 1.43.05 PM.png

Optimizely
mhinman 01-16-15

Hi Amanda, thanks for checking out my experiments. I saw the visits jump up when you re-saved the experiement. I went and re-saved them again to and the visits seem to be stalled again.

This (updating to CDN) seems to be new. I've been using Optimizely for over 3 years. Did something change. I'm not feeling very confident in why my active tests are just stopping and need to be re-saved.

I also can't seem to figure out how to use the js console to verify my experiments running. Can you send more details?

Thanks,

Meridith

Level 2
Amanda 01-16-15

Here's a link that provides some details on how to open the Developer JavaScript console in Chrome: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/console

• Use the keyboard shortcut Command - Option - J (Mac) or Control -Shift -J (Windows/Linux).
  • Select View > Developer > JavaScript Console.

You can also find additional details in our Support article here

Nothing changed with the CDN recently and you should not be running into this issue anymore. I just checked 3 of your experiments and they seem to be running just fine. Can you send the experiment ID for the experiment you think is stalled still?

Optimizely
mhinman 01-16-15

Thanks Amanda!

I actually just had to pause the experiments due to an issue with our creative. We're going to take another stab on Monday. If I see anything else that looks strange, I'll send you another message.

Have a good weekend!

Meridith

Level 2