Rich-text Reply

Is it best to send a snippet or have a developer grab it?

garyasanchez 09-09-15

Is it best to send a snippet or have a developer grab it?

[ Edited ]

I'm a consultant working for a new client.  The client has an outside web developer who I'm asking to make some changes for the company.  I'm clear on the tests I believe we should run, and would like to make sure the developer is on the same page.  Should I give him access to my account here so he can set up the test and grab the right snippet, or should I set up the test and send the snippet to him?

Be Bold & Try Something New Today

Re: Is it best to send a snippet or have a developer grab it?

Hi @garyasanchez,

It sounds like the best approach is to ensure you, the client, and the outside web developer are all on the same page as to what each of you is expected to do inside Optimizely.  If the web developer should not have any access to Optimizely and simply needs to install the snippet on the site, you can email the snippet to them directly from within the Optimizely Settings tab --> Implementation subtab.

If it is deemed necessary for the developer to see the tests and possibly make changes to them, in addition to grabbing the snippet him or herself, then you can add them as a collaborator with the appropriate permission level to the project.

Does this give you the guidance you need?

Harrison Krat
Solutions Architect | Optimizely, Inc.
harrison@optimizely.com

JDahlinANF 09-11-15

Re: Is it best to send a snippet or have a developer grab it?

/agree with @Harrison_Krat.

if a user is not going to be using the Optimizely tool, there is no reason to give them access.

Copy the snippet and paste it into a plain text document (regular notepad, not MS Word) then email the developer the .txt file.  This way there will not be any trasnformation of characters (like quotes "..." becoming smart-quotes “...”. )