Rich-text Reply

Layout Issues on Different Sized Screens

syn5116 03-15-17

Layout Issues on Different Sized Screens

Hello,

So I am trying to set up an A/B Test for my website. I've moved some boxes around and changed the layout. I click save and once the test starts running, it looks fine. When I move over to a bigger screen, the size stays relative to the screen size I created/ran the test in. So it would look small and not stretch out like how I would like it to.

Do you know why I am running into this and ways I can fix this? I am not too familiar with coding, but any hints into the right path is good enough for me. 

Thanks!

Level 2

syn5116 03-17-17

Re: Layout Issues on Different Sized Screens

Hi, can anyone help with this?
Level 2
David_Orr 03-20-17

Hi @syn5116

The behavior you are seeing may be due to the method used to move the elements on the site. If you are using Optimizely Classic, then I would recommend using "Rearrange" instead of "Move/Resize". If you are not familar with code, you can restrict your audience by device using the Device audience condition.

Here is a link for more info on how to use the Device audience condition:

https://help.optimizely.com/Target_Your_Visitors/Audience_conditions%3A_Descriptions_and_examples#De...

Additionally, it is possible to only include visitors with a certain browser window width by checking the visitors browser's "innerWidth" object. For example, if you know that your experiment will only work for devices larger than 1080 pixels wide then the following Custom Javascript audience can be used:

window.innerWidth > 1080

David

Senior Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely
syn5116 03-24-17

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. Rearrange does not work for me when I am trying to "resize" the blocks. I also do not want to put a restriction to only some devices as I want all of my visitors to have the same chance to view version B on any device/window.

Do you think this is something I need to speak to m developers about?
Level 2
David_Orr 03-28-17

Hi Syn5116,

>Do you think this is something I need to speak to m developers about?

It may be better to reach out to your developer to have them provide you with the code that will apply the changes you want dynamically.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely