Rich-text Reply

Load mobile version with htaccess fails

Mr-BS 05-24-16

Load mobile version with htaccess fails

Hey,

I´m editing a site that has an htaccess pwd. Loading this one in the editor works fine so far, but it is not possible to load this site as a mobile version. Any advice how I can make it happend?

optimizely-mobile-edeting.jpg

Level 2

David_Orr 05-25-16

Re: Load mobile version with htaccess fails

Hi there,

The editor will load the page through our proxy when the mobile view is used. This is probably why you are not able to access your site even though it works on the desktop version. Can you try adding the following query parameter to the editor URL: optimizely_disable_proxy=true

David
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely
Mr-BS 05-26-16

Hey David,
thanks for your answer.

I add the query parameter to the Editor URL but unfortunately I received the same behavior and can´t get to the page.
Level 2
David_Orr 05-26-16

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that the parameter did not resolve the issue. Were you able to see any errors in the console? There may be a possibility that the site does not accept the URL the editor is using when emulating a mobile device. I've attached an image below to illustrate how you can obtain the exact URL the editor using. If you are unable to access your staging site then you may have to whitelist the query parameters the editor uses.

Are you able to message me temporary credentials so I can see if there is a solution?

David

Senior Technical Support Engineer
debugger.jpg
Optimizely
Mr-BS 06-02-16

Hello David,
thank you. Send you a message with some credentials.
Level 2